Friday, February 23, 2007

Dual Core.... Not Just For Computers!

While Intel has been making a lot of noise over the past couple of years about their Core 2 Duo processors for desktops and laptops, it isn't just computers that could make use of this type of technology.

This week, Canon announced their upcoming EOS 1D Mark III Digital SLR camera which includes a new Dual DIGIC III image processor engine which allows the camera to take a very impressive, market leading, 10 frames per second with a burst capacity of 110 images. Clearly one DIGIC processor wasn't enough for them.

Now I don't think I've taken more than two or three images in a single burst, but this new camera is causing me to long for the next upgrade for my full-frame EOS 5D.

Perhaps I should have titled this one "Drooling about Gadget of the Week".

Tags : / / / / / / /

No comments: