Saturday, June 23, 2007

You know you're late when...

Earlier this week, a computer glitch in United's sysytem caused hundreds of flights to be delayed or canceled. As my luck would have it, I was caught up in the delays. My flight was one of the last flights from San Francisco to Portland and was supposed to arrive at 11:59 that night. The arrival was delayed until around 2:15 AM and I didn't arrive at my hotel until after 3AM.

This was made worse by the fact that the previous night, my flight from Dulles to San Francisco was delayed by close to 3 1/2 hours by thunderstorms in the Dulles area (causing that 5 hour flight to be 8 1/2 hours as they didn't start the ground hold until we were already loaded onto the plane). Luckily, it was an internationally configured 777 and I had upgraded into business class, so at least it was comfortable.

I really knew I was late getting to my room at the hotel when I found that my USA Today for the next day was already delivered to the room.

Tags : / / / / / /

No comments: