Friday, February 27, 2009

Exercising on the road

I've spent the past week bouncing up and down the west coast between San Jose, CA and Portland, OR -- not spending even 48 hours in either location at any point.

This threw a wrench into my exercise program because not only did I have to find the time to exercise, I also had to figure out what to do with my sweaty clothes when I checked out each day.

At first glance, you might think that's easy -- just put the wet clothes in one of the plastic laundry bags and pack it. That is what I typically do when I'm checking out on my way home. However, since I wanted to use the clothes to exercise each day and I didn't feel like putting on wet clothes to go work out, I needed to dry them out.

When I'm staying at the same place, I can just let them air dry and that works well enough. However, since I had to change hotels 3 times this week, I needed something else to do. I could have used the iron to heat up and steam them out, but it just felt like something was wrong with ironing sweat into my clothes.

I ended up using the room blow dryer to just blow them dry. Worked fine. Clothes were dry each day and nothing appeared to be growing on them (plus the rest of my clothes stayed dry.

In case you're wondering, I did an hour on the stationary bike each day. Not too shabby for an old man, if I must say so myself.

Tags : /

No comments: