Tuesday, October 17, 2006

iPass works well

iPass is a connectivity (wireless & wired) aggregator which simplifies the process of getting access to connectivity when traveling. My company recently started using it for people who travel a lot -- like me!

Today is the first time I tried it, sitting here at the United Red Carpet Club at Washington Dulles Airport and it worked like a charm.

Booted the laptop, started the iPass Connect application, it found the T-Mobile wireless and I simply selected connect.... Poof... I was connected and my boss is being billed directly :-).

So, after bashing iPass about their data requirements for downloading the offline hotspot locator, I'm happy to say that their product does seem to be working as designed. More testing in London, HKG and Tokyo after this.

Tags : / / / / / /

No comments: